top of page
Riverdale Cottage Cert Camping & Caravanning Club Site
(Riverdale Cottage is a members only site.
Please have your membership number ready when calling to book. All bookings need to be made by phone.)
Welcome to Riverdale Cottage, a tranquil smallholding and caravan/camping site tucked away in the heart of East Sussex!
The Washing Up area
It's clean, undercover & most important of all has hot water!
Nelson & his wives
Our very own version of 'West Side Story'!
The Heron visiting the pond
This Albino Squirrel is one of two that have made Riverdale their home.
This Great Spotted Woodpecker visits the bird feeders daily.
Stunning views across the East Sussex countryside
Complete with parent & child facilities including baby changing station
Children love to meet the animals!
August Bank Holiday 2016!
Even when we're full there are generous pitches and plenty of room to play!
3 Seasons 3 Rosettes!
We are very proud to have been nominated for Best CS Site in all the seasons we have been open!
Fun in the orchard!
Intuitive children put down their phones in order to build this wigwam den!
One of a pair of Peregrine Falcons that visit every year to raise their young!
Diamond & Pearl!
Our mother & daughter Alpacas arrived New Years Eve 2016.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE NATURE OF OUR LIVESTOCK WE CANNOT ALLOW DOGS ON SITE
A little about us!
- Riverdale cottage is set in 7 acres of beautiful 1066 countryside
- A vast array of flora and fauna can be seen throughout the year
- We have a lovely woodland walk to share that in the spring is adorned
- with Bluebells
- We are ideally suited to those wishing for a peaceful country retreat
- Fresh eggs plus home reared pork and lamb can be bought on site
- Seasonal home grown vegetables for a donation of your choice towards next years seeds
- A Parent and Child room with baby changing station is available
- Hook up, toilet, shower, disposal point, soak away, washing up facilities
- The camping site is even and set back from the road so there is little if any noise
- Ideally situated 2m from Historic Battle and 5m from Hastings sea front
- We are 20 yards from Sedlescombe golf club (clubs etc are available for hire from us)
- Supermarket 2m, Gas exchange 2m, Bar/Restaurant 20 yards,
- Unfortunately no dogs allowed due to proximity of camping field to livestock
- We don’t allow fires however bricks fire pits and BBq's are allowed. Bring your own fire pit or hire ours. Wood is available for purchase. (Please bring something to place under the fire in order to protect the grass)
- 'Please note that twin axles are not permitted due to access limitations
- The rates are per night, based on a family of up to four.
- £3 for each additional person per night regardless of age
- Tents £12.50 + £2.50 EHU. Caravans/motor-homes/folding campers £15+ £5 EHU.
- Only 1 tent is permitted per pitch regardless of size
- Visitors (on approval) £5 per day
- Your pitch is from 12 till 12 noon. Late stay after 12 (on approval) £5
At Riverdale Cottage our aim is to give you a restful and peaceful environment. We are a members only certified site licensed for 5 units and 10 tents. Our facilities are small but clean and tidy. This is not a large tourist site but our home that we are very proud of and wish to share with like minded people!
bottom of page